The Communications Committee (a Committee within the Community Outreach Portfolio) strives to promote and recognize the professionalism and important contribution of the federal real property community across Canada. The committee provides the Institute and its members with:
- A forum for information exchange and enhanced communication across the real property community; and,
- Raising awareness of the Real Property Institute of Canada (RPIC) with officials from all levels of government, academia and private sector organizations with similar interests.
The Communications Committee will:
- Maintain and expand the community of practice of real property practitioners across Canada;
- Foster bilateral communication between national and regional real property representatives;
- Promote RPIC through eZINE;
- Develop partnerships with academic institutions and affiliated organizations in the public and private sectors;
- Seek opportunities to inform those who influence and/or develop federal government policies, regulations and legislations for the federal government real property group and those who are impacted by the rules and regulations governing the federal real property profession;
- Promote the professionalism and effectiveness of the disciplines of real property management within the public sector; and,
- Enhance the profile of the Real Property Institute of Canada.
Roles and responsibilities
The Committee strives to fulfill its mandate through the following activities:
- Develop and manage an annual work plan as approved by the Board of Directors complete with scope, budget, timelines, key outcomes and monthly updates on Member Services;
- Facilitate dialogue and cooperation with senior officials from the academic sector, public and private sectors, outline RPIC's mandate and ensure regular communication and partnership arrangements;
- Re-establish quarterly Breakfast Sessions;
- Develop an awareness campaign including types of collateral components, identification of target groups, messages for specific target groups, and desired results from each internal/external stakeholder group;
- Develop and produce collateral material to promote RPIC, including all print and e-communication;
- Establish a Regional Coordinators Working Group to enhance two-way communication;
- Manage the production of regular eZINEs, including content development (articles and advertisements);
- Produce a Communications Committee Report for inclusion in the RPIC Annual Report; and,
- Manage and keep account of current distribution list.